JOIN OUR TEAM
We believe in sustainability. We believe natural is the best way and in most cases, the only way. It is good for you, me and the environment. Join us on our journey to further this movement!
We are looking for new team members to be part of our new brick & mortar store in Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago.
Retail Store Associate
Art of Pure is looking for part-time retail store associates who believe in a mission to prove that beauty can be synonymous with sustainability. We believe natural & sustainable is the best way and in most cases, the only way. It is good for you, me and the environment. Join us on our journey to further this movement!
This is not a run-of-the-mill retail store job, we aim to provide fun and lively environment for our customers and employees to support and grow their well-being. The job won’t be boring, as you will be a part of a small but mighty female-led business, with a mission to impact and empower people to live their best lives. And in doing so, authentic interaction with customers, vendors, and the overall community in an engaging, fun and positive way is the only way.
What you'll do:
- Greet customers, assist and educate customers, in a non-sales manner, on benefits of natural products for their specific skin needs
- Consistently model exceptional customer service with clients both in-store and through phone & email inquiries
- Understand ingredients and their efficacy as well as keep up with trends in the industry
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently adhered to, and collaborate with management team to implement new systems and policies as needed
- Restock shop floor as merchandise is sold strictly using the “First In First Out” policy.
- Plan store events, be able to coordinate with outside vendors and customers
- Maintain outstanding store condition and cleanliness by taking part in daily cleaning and general housekeeping.
- Keep storage area well-organized and clean.
- Assist in implementing creative and visual merchandising
- Responsible for packing online orders and assist online customers as necessary.
- Assist in putting away shipments when received as well as maintaining testers and inventory throughout the store
- Promote Pure Rewards loyalty program at checkout to build loyalty
- Participate and be featured in educational product videos for online channels (only if willing)
Additional store duties as necessary
Who You are:
- Genuine interest in green beauty and someone who is the embodiment of living a clean, eco-friendly lifestyle.
- Professional, reliable, high energy, positive and genuinely enthusiastic.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player! This is a small team: we need someone who takes initiative, is proactive, and enjoys working with a group in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn ingredients and their efficacy, and available for brand and product training outside of regular store hours.
- Comfortable working in a fragrant-filled environment and standing for long periods of time.
- Evenings and weekend availability is required, especially during peak holiday times.
- Prior experience working in retail sales or services industry; experience in beauty is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as time management and problem-solving skills.
Esthetician license is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Prior retail sales experience required; experience working in beauty retail with strong knowledge of skincare preferred.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Genuine interest in natural beauty and healthy lifestyle
- Fast learner and great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Handle and apply makeup and skincare on customers to inspire sales.
- Ability to lift, move and carry 25 lbs and be able to bend and stretch to stock shelves
High School degree or equivalent
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, along with few words explaining why you are interested in the job.